Have you almost finished your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree? PepsiCo’s Category Management internship offers the chance to be challenged, to better comprehend the consumer, and to improve the growth of this sector. PepsiCo's Category Management internship offers the chance to better comprehend the shopper and to be involved in strategy making for the category and many category growth initiatives at our retailers.
What does a working day look like? You will…
The Category Management department is working on initiatives which convert market data into stategic advice, fostering category growth through category, retail, and shopper insights. You will:
- … gain a lot of knowledge about the categories: Chips, Peanuts and Nuts, and Cereals;
- … map out the behavior of the shopper (e.g. by undertaking additional in-store investigations);
- … carry out analyses based on market data, research, and the consumer GFK household panel;
- … monitor and identify opportunities and threats in the market (e.g. with competitor analysis and by visiting supermarkets);
- … translate generated category- and consumer insights into retail projects, such as shelf signage, improving the category with shop placement (2nd location, combined tips), assortment optimization, etc;
- … provide analysis and recommendations based on results from your research;
- … support the roll-out of the category vision (e.g. by making presentations and videos, support for the organization with workshops);
- … support space management projects (give advice on the shelf layouts).
Who are we looking for? Someone who…
- … is HBO / WO Bachelor's or Master's student or graduated (max. 3 months) with an affinity for Business, Economics, and/or Marketing;
- ... is curious about how shopper-, consumer- and retail insights are used for plans to grow the category (e.g. the design of the assortment and shelves of our customers, new PepsiCo products);
- ... has strong analytical skills and interest in making statistical analyses;
- ... is curious about what is happening in the stores and likes to visit the shops;
- … can proactively pick up projects and thereby set priorities;
- … is committed and able to persevere in the face of challenges;
- … has strong communication skills and is comfortable communicating with people from many different departments;
- … has a good understanding of Dutch and/or English;
- … preferably has computer skills (Word, Excel and Powerpoint);
What does your company?
What does PepsiCo offer?
- A challenging internship in a fast-paced and dynamic environment within one of the world's largest FMCG companies;
- Room to exercise your own initiative and a high level of responsibility, taking ownership of several projects;
- A role as part of a young and enthusiastic Category Management team;
- An informal atmosphere, ideal for you to demonstrate your knowledge and creativity. Our objective is to connect your talent successfully to our challenging business goals;
- A chance to connect with our current interns (25-30). There are weekly intern lunches and ample opportunities to exchange knowledge and experiences;
- An internship salary of €435 per month based on a 40-hour workweek. Additionally, you will receive a travel allowance.
- Last but not least: you'll have the chance to take home bags of chips every Friday!