Study phaseWO Master, WO Afgestudeerd, HBO Master, HBO Afgestudeerd
Required languagesEnglish OR Dutch
FunctionAnalist, Business development, Research & development
IndustryKapitaalmarkt en privaat vermogen, Consultancy, Energie, Handel, Milieu & duurzaamheid
Place of workDeels op kantoor
AFS Group is an European independent broker in financial services and renewable energy. AFS Group is located in the Stock Exchange of Amsterdam, which of course is a great place to work!
AFS Group has a long history of 170 years in brokerage. We have now more than 120 employees who are dedicated and motivated to succeed in this business.
Our international clientele of corporates, government agencies, utilities and financial institutions are all represented from four offices (Londen, Frankfurt, Zurich and Amsterdam).
AFS Group has a high standard and delivers a high quality of services for their clients.
Our core businesses:
- AFS Energy
- AFS Interest Rates
- AFS Execution Services
- AFS E-Venues
For our Energy Product Development team, we are currently looking for a Product Developer who is able to combine his or her analytical skills with a commercial mindset. The renewable energy market is fast developing as more and more countries set ambitious goals to decarbonize the energy consumption. Innovative projects are initiated to fulfill these ambitions. Industries experiment with green hydrogen, waste become a feedstock for renewable fuel and renewable energy projects pop up everywhere we look. Renewable generation becomes cheaper every day. An overwhelming set of possibilities!
And this is where you come in. As our Junior Product Developer you’ll do a deep dive into new legislations around renewable energy and environmental commodities. You are the eyes and ears in this continuous developing market and know (or are eager to get to know) every little detail like the back of your hand. You oversee consequences of amendments in law and regulations, but you are also able to translate small changes into big commercial opportunities. You bring solutions and strategic concepts to the table that contribute to our client’s needs. You are resourceful, you like a challenge, your glass is always (half) full and you’ll blow your colleagues and clients away with creative well-founded solutions in this whirlwind of a market.
We’ll promise you a job that is never boring and ask for your full commitment in return. Be on top of your game and keep scouting for opportunities so we service clients in the best way. We will reward your effort by flying across Europe to go to the latest conferences, meet international associations and institutions to visit new initiatives (When Covid-19 is over, of course). You might even become our key player (if you like a challenge, that is). At the end of the day, it is the rush of coming up with new ideas that will be providing our clients with the best service in the market and come up with solutions that others haven’t thought of yet. That gives you the drive to make it happen.
- You are full of ambition and drive and are passionate to succeed
- You want to be the best; scouting for new opportunities is your passion
- You translate market developments into impact for our clients
- You are eager and curious to learn about our products
- You are a serious sparring partner and expert for both your teammates as our clients
- You have at least 1-3 year experience with roles that combine both analytical and commercial skills, or you are able to prove you are a data driven solution factory.
- You preferably have (some) understanding of or affinity with the renewable energy market
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- The more languages you speak, the better, but other than English this is not a hard criterion
- We’ll promise you a job that is never boring and ask for your full commitment in return.
- Working in an awesome, ambitious and driven high performing team;
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world;
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization;
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange;
- Competitive renumeration and training possibilities;
- 27 holidays per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Free inhouse fitness;
- A variety of activities with the team.