Study phaseWO Bachelor 3, WO Pre-Master, WO Master, HBO Bachelor 3, HBO Bachelor 4, HBO Master
FunctionBusiness development, Communicatie, Consultancy, Marketing, Projectmanagement, Sales, Strategie & planning, Zaken algemeen
Place of workVolledig op kantoor
Expertwired is disrupting how people do market research. Our platform connects clients to industry experts for paid 1:1 video calls, enabling them to pick an expert's brain and get market insights not found anywhere else.
We are an investor-backed tech startup, building our team from our Amsterdam office. Our clients are global; top-tier companies such as Bain&co, KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, private equity firms and even universities such as Harvard use our platform.
Our technology is able to source and match the best experts for our clients, with a reach of >400mio profiles at our fingertips. We move fast and need smart, high-on-energy people to join our rocketship!
Investors say: the next 10 years will be about cracking access to 'knowledge' and will be the gold of tomorrow. Well, we're on it :)
This intern position is a cross-functional role, where you’ll be our 'Business Development Champ' making sure our clients are served with the best industry experts matching their needs. In this respect, our automated technology is doing most of the work, however your 'smart brain' is needed to closely monitor quality going in, and going out.
The insights you obtain as our Business Development Champ are highly valuable to our development roadmap and technology innovation. That's why you'll be a key contributor to 'Growth Hacking' development flights where your insights and ideas will help us solve for painpoints and optimize our users' journey across all stages of our platform.
As part of the initial startup team you'll work closely with the founders and product development team and you will be exposed to all aspects of the business.
Depending on your personal interests and background, you'll also be made responsible for some additional specific tasks such as data analytics (user behavior, structured data), financial analyses, support in making investor presentations and a lot of other possible stuff.
OK, here's our description of the ideal person for this job.
- You are in the final year of your Bachelor study or have recently started your Master degree, with an orientation in Business Administration, Economics, Digital Marketing, or a similar discipline which has scholared you with a sense of business and interest in the world of online ventures.
- You have a structured approach to matters and are analytical in nature. We need you to be able to identify key painpoints and opportunities from customer behaviour & feedback and provide well-thought solutions backed by qualitative and quantitative data.
- You roll up your sleeves and get to it. When you get stuck you are not afraid to ask questions, and take guidance to learn.
- You know how to tell a good joke :). We work extremely hard, so we need fun, jokes and people we love to work with!
- fluent in English in word and mouth and you are comfortable calling & emailing business leaders to give them answers and guidance where needed.
- You have a commercial mindset and enjoy spotting business opportunities.
- You are a quick learner using new tools and technologies, such as Slack, Notion, Google Analytics. Prior experience with Microsoft Office (outlook, excel) is a plus.
- Last but not least: You're highly passionate about startups and marketplace technology!
Our offer to you:
- To make a serious impact on the growth of Expertwired and possibly a rocket-fueled career with us after your internship.
- A lot of learning and development opportunity within one of the most promising technology startups in Amsterdam.
- Freedom of initiative, execution and implementation of your own ideas and initiatives.
- You can make use of the company benefits, which in the current situation means Friday night drinks with the team, throw some darts and getting yourself on top of the ping-pong game chart!
- Next, to that, you also get free daily lunches.
- Cool & spacious office in Amsterdam (near Amstel station / Spaklerweg).
- And you’ll earn a compensation of 400 EUR gross per month
- Travel expenses for your public transport costs (Amsterdam area) if relevant