Study phaseWO Bachelor 3, WO Master
RegionNoord-Holland, Utrecht, Zuid-Holland, Randstad
Days3, 4, 5
FunctionAnalist, Finance, ICT
IndustryFinancieel & banken, Vastgoed
Months5, 6, 6+
IMC: JOIN THE LEADER IN GLOBAL MARKET MAKING
IMC is a leading global market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex challenges or taking part in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT A TRADING CAREER AT IMC?
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in many different ways. This means we look for different types of traders; from the quantitative minds who enjoy the mathematical side of trading to more operationally focused personalities who thrive on interacting with brokers over the phone.
Our traders share one thing in common, though: they are at their best when solving complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we always trade in the right place, at the right time.
YOUR JOURNEY AS A GRADUATE QUANT TRADER
Your IMC journey begins with a seven-week global trading traineeship led by our seasoned traders and technologist, during which you’ll connect with graduates from all three IMC regions. You’ll then continue your training in your local office for a further two months before joining a desk that matches your specific background and abilities. Here, you’ll apply your skills and knowledge to solve real-world problems – like monitoring and improving our trading strategies. And you’ll gain recognition for your ideas and successes along the way.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a graduate quant trader at IMC, you will
- Work collaboratively to develop, maintain and improve IMC’s trading strategies and algorithms
- Manage the execution and risk of complex trading portfolios
- Work closely with IMC’s world-class traders and technology developers
- Receive tailor-made support from your very own mentor
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
- Advanced mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge is required
- A collaborative mindset – at IMC we’re all in it together
- Experience in a programming language (e.g. Python, Matlab or R) is an advantage
- Academic background in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Econometrics)
REASONS WHY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE JOB
- You love thinking about complex problems and how to solve them
- You’re ready to apply your raw mathematical skills in a real-world context
- You want to have a direct impact on IMC and its success
- You value curiosity, creativity and collaboration
- You want responsibility for your own projects and freedom to explore areas of interest