Study phaseWO Bachelor 1, WO Bachelor 2, WO Bachelor 3, HBO Bachelor 1, HBO Bachelor 2, HBO Bachelor 3, HBO Bachelor 4
Required languagesEnglish OR Dutch
IndustryFast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Horeca, Milieu & duurzaamheid, Retail
Months5, 6, 6+
Place of workDeels op kantoor
While working in a gin distillery in the United Kingdom, ‘Chief Botanical Officer’ Frederik Kampman fell in love with the use of botanicals in distilling and the fascinating world of cocktails. Having basically grown up in beer in the Netherlands, it was only natural that he started wondering what would happen if you would brew rather than distil with these botanicals. He grew curious about what kind of character these herbs, spices and fruits could give to beer. To his surprise he discovered that the lowlands actually have a very intriguing history where it comes to brewing with botanicals. Since The Netherlands or ‘Low Lands’ is a land below sea level, we Dutch grow up with a healthy respect for nature. It’s a question of balance: like finding just the right combination of botanicals – or herbs, spices and fruit – to brew uniquely refreshing drinks
A week in the life of:
- Jump in your car, driving around to your appointments at retail accounts, all to make sure you hit your weekly targets.
- Setting up the visibility at retail accounts to make sure the execution of the upcoming promo campaign looks flawless.
- Planning your visits and creating an efficient route to all retail accounts to hit your goal on weekly store visits.
- Heading over to Albert Heijns to sell in the Botanical Explosion CKW’ Displays towards 8 supermarkets.
- Merchandising retail accounts by planning store checks to make sure we have good visibility and shelve position to drive our rate of sale.
- You support the Account Manager Retail Stores where needed and work together to ensure the best results in the retail.
- Answering incoming requests from retail accounts related to Lowlander events, products, or other administrative information.
- Plan all activities at retailers using PipeDrive and creating routing via Google Maps
- Noting down and saving all input/feedback/pictures gathered from your appointments at retail accounts in PipeDrive and the Lowlander Google Drive.
Basically, you´ll be here, there, and everywhere representing our beers proudly in the retail market!
- An independently and pro-active attitude and not afraid of making mistakes.
- You have an eye for detail, good organisational skills and s smart practical brain.
- You are a social savvy and know how, when, where and how to reach our retail accounts & customers during sales drives by phone, email or visits.
- A Dutch native speaker and fluency in English (we are an international company).
- A Bachelor education in the direction of business administration, hotel or event management, commercials or business studies alike.
- You feel the passion to put our Lowlander Beer on the map as a unique Dutch beer brand.
- Of course, you bring a passion for beer, food and drinks and anything flavour.
- You have the possibility to join us fulltime from March/April or August/September 2022, for at least 5 months.
What we offer:
- A competitive intern compensation.
- A central Amsterdam working location – we are located near the ‘Kauwgomballenfabriek’ close to the Amstel river; our fridge is always stocked with cold Lowlander beers and we regularly plan ‘Botanical Bootcamp’ sessions, quarterly team meetings and Friday drinks.
- The chance to be part of an adventure, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- Real responsibility – what you do with it is your decision, but we provide the opportunity to really learn something.
- A truly entrepreneurial environment, with real (personal) development opportunities.
- Work with some smart and agile people, in a small, international and diverse team – read about our Lowlander behaviours here.
- Unlimited Botanically Brewed Lowlander Beers (well, at least after working hours!)