Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Leveraged Finance team?
Over the past 10 years, NIBC has built a unique position in European Leveraged Finance. We focus entirely on financing acquisitions by private equity funds of midcap companies in North-West Europe. This means interacting daily with professional investors, advisors and companies with an enterprise value in the range of EUR 50 to 500 million. This particular scope generates a dynamic environment full of in-depth contact with private equity representatives and target management teams. Intellectual challenges are amply provided by extensive financial and strategic analyses and the development of complex debt structures while meeting tight deadlines. As NIBC Leveraged Finance consists of three teams, located in The Hague, London and Frankfurt this brings about an international flavor to our work.
What will you do?
Leveraged Finance continuously works on joint idea generation with clients to expand our market position. As such your activities will include:
- Support the team in further developing business with a wide variety of private equity funds and professional advisors with the aim to support companies that are about to become independent or are in strategic and operational change.
- Assessing the needs of target companies, performing company and sector analysis, financial modeling and due diligence reviews. All is done in close cooperation with our sector specialists.
- Structuring of debt instruments, and preparation and discussion of credit proposals
What will you need?
- A relevant Master’s degree. We hire top talents from diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology. Affinity with finance and investment subjects and extra-curricular activities showcasing personal drive and development are appreciated.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (Dutch and English).
- Ability to be self-starting and work independently.
- Good commercial sense and flexible team player.
Wat biedt het bedrijf je?
What you will get?
The benefits of a smaller dynamic firm: being able to work where, when and how you want. You will not work on a tiny piece of a huge complex puzzle within a big corporation, but see the direct impact of what you do in the firm and its customers. Being an intern in a smaller bank will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to understand how the whole bank works and where you can best leverage your talents.
High-performing interns may be invited to join our Talent Program after graduation.
Further information / application
Please apply by submitting your CV, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s). Otherwise we cannot take your application into consideration. An assessment is part of the application procedure.
- Den Haag