Risk Analytics & Model Validation (RA&MV) is a team under the Risk Management Business Unit. The team is responsible for bank-wide risk analysis, including economic capital (EC) usage and the development of the underlying models. Such models have a significant impact on valuation, pricing and risk assessment. Furthermore, the team is responsible for the validation of all business critical models within the entire bank.
NIBC RA&MV offers students in their final year of their Bachelor or Master studies the opportunity of a six-month working internship in a diverse and international environment with English as the main language.
This internship will focus on researching and testing the methodology used by various internal models, in particular models used in the EC framework. Special attention will be given to testing of the models’ mechanics and to the implementation of changes, where necessarily. Model testing will involve advanced statistical analysis. Implementation of models’ changes will be done with the subsequent alignment of the models’ documentation. The impact of each implemented methodology change shall be assessed within the overall EC framework of NIBC.
What you will need?
A successful candidate will have the following credentials:
- A quantitative (advanced) Bachelor or Master degree with distinctive academic results
- Good programming skills in VBA and MATLAB
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Dutch is considered as an advantage
- Hands-on experience in risk and financial markets would be considered as a plus
- Ability to work independently
Wat biedt het bedrijf je?
What you will get?
- A competitive internship allowance with (partial) housing costs/travel reimbursement
- A steep learning curve and interesting projects
- Be an important part of the team with personal project responsibility
Application/ Futher information
- Application can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s). To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! All documents need to be uploaded otherwise we cannot take your application into consideration.
- An assessment is part of the application procedure.
- Den Haag