NIBC Telecom, Media, Technology and Services (TMT&S)
The TMT&S team is a young and dynamic team, active across all NIBC’s geographies (the Netherlands, Germany, UK, and Belgium). The team focuses on ‘strategic events’ for their clients, and actively cooperates on cross-border situations. These include origination and execution of mergers and acquisitions, financing of major capital expenditures, shareholder restructurings, and other complex structured finance solutions. The focus of the sector team is defined around a number of subsectors, being: telecom/cable, hosting/datacenters, digital/education, leisure, business software/IT services/High-tech, financial solutions (fintech) and business services. As an intern you are an integral part of focused client project teams.
What will you do?
- Perform market, industry and company specific analyses
- Actively follow and share relevant financial and sector news and events
- Spot transaction opportunities around existing clients, prospects and start-ups
- Conduct valuations and other financial analyses
- Prepare documents for client meetings
- Pitch at clients for the origination of transactions
- Assist in the execution of transactions
- Contribute to internal team meetings
- You will work closely with M&A, ECM and Financing team members and with professionals from different teams of the bank (Markets, Distribution, Risk, Legal, Tax, etc.)
Who are we looking for?
- A relevant Master’s degree. We hire top talents from diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology. Activities showing affinity with finance and investment subjects (such as internships, your thesis, business courses or extra-curricular activities) will be considered as well
- Distinctive academic results as well as extra-curricular activities
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good commercial sense, and affinity with the sector
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and preferably Dutch
- A committed, self-starting and flexible team player
Wat biedt het bedrijf je?
What will you get?
The benefits of a smaller, dynamic firm: being able to work where, when and how you want. You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. Being an trainee at NIBC will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to understand how the bank works. This is a unique opportunity in which you can best showcase your talents. You will be an integral part of a highly recognised team and will get the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of corporate banking while having a special focus on the earlier mentioned subsectors. By being actively involved in the day-to-day operations, you quickly gain insight in a broad range of transactions and financing structures while at the same time you will get familiarised with all aspects of the various subsectors.
Because we are a firm believer in cross-border cooperation, you will be given the opportunity to work in our key geographies for a longer period of time on a rotation basis, to really get to know the different TMT&S team members.
We will offer you a spot in the Talent Program together with a small group of selected talents from all over the bank. This 12 month intensive program focuses on your personal and professional development. Your financial knowledge will be boosted by receiving prestigious RSM Executive Education.
Application / further information
- Application can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s). To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document! All documents need to be uploaded otherwise we cannot take your application into consideration.
- An assessment is part of the application procedure.
- Den Haag