International Business Development Trainee
We are a small but growing company based in Rotterdam The Netherlands, which is run by experienced, entrepreneurs with a successful track record in East Africa. We are looking for an enthusiastic trainee to help the team with its day-to-day activities and to be a part of our project Team.
You are a person looking for new challenges in your career, and would like to work in an inspiring and professional environment with world-class expertise. Do you thrive working in a fast changing and challenging environment? Then we would be pleased to have you on our team.
Teampro’s internships are ideal for top-performing graduated students, and for master's candidates considering a management-consulting career after graduation.
What to expect?
As an intern, your experience begins with training delivered by our team. After training, you are immediately assigned to an active case. Workstreams vary, but interns are commonly responsible for: data gathering and analysis; industry research; processing qualitative and quantitative data; preparing report and / or other project-related documents; presenting their findings to the team. Additionally, some other tasks and activities could be requested to support the execution of other projects. In this role, you are exposed to a variety of business issues and quickly learn the fundamentals of doing business in East Africa and Europe.
Key learning at Teampro
The internship provides broad exposure to the consulting industry and business strategy, in-depth knowledge in the critical skills of consulting, and continuous hands-on learning through full-time immersion on our team. The intern will gain a thorough understanding of the East African and European client, its operations, its industry, and the business challenges it faces. Furthermore, he/she will apply.
- Work directly with Teampro’s founders to collaborate in realizing engaging projects to develop business opportunities across East Africa.
- Work independently and manage your own tasks and projects in various areas of Business Development, including activities related to the production of business plans and cases, business and market analysis; supporting material for the strategic decision-making process and other corporate products .
- Think and act creative and pragmatically, produce your own ideas and facilitate decision making process and project execution without neglecting details and accuracy.
- Research and analyze rising industry themes and identify new trends, as well as opportunities arising in the areas of interest (e.g. Dairy, Agri-Business, Agriculture, Meat Processing, etc.)
- To become a pro-active team member, with self-motivation to learn new areas of knowledge by themselves and creative thinking to solve problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advance knowledge in the use of spreadsheets (MS Excel) in order to model complex information and/or financial / market information, among other outcomes.
- Proficiency in the use of some applications is essential (MS Power Point and MS Word) and desirable in other cases (SPSS, MS Access, etc.)
- It is desirable that the intern has at least a medium or advanced understanding of financial information produced by companies, for further analysis.
- Creativity and solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced environment.
- Being a team-player, driven by a goal-oriented attitude and permanently willing to discuss ideas and solutions.
- Motivated by challenges and new opportunities that could lead to implementing sustainable and profitable ventures with a strong footprint in the local economies of East Africa.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Academic background in any of the following areas: Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Strategic Management, Economy, Industrial Engineering or similar careers.
- Graduate from a Bachelor Degree and / or pusuing a Master Degree.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Availability for 3+ (ideally at least 6) months.
Wat biedt het bedrijf je?
- Highly independent working environment with the possibility to learn all aspects of project execution and business development.
- Being part of an International (East-Africa) working environment, where you can apply all your skills and abilities while learning new tools and methods for foster business ideas.
- Work with experienced team and the unique opportunity to deal directly with clients and other stakeholders.
- A competitive trainee fee with the option to become a full-time Consultant employed by Teampro.
- Flexible working arrangements that could suit your personal needs (fulltime, 80%, 60%, 40%).