IMC Graduate Trade Traineeship
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
We operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Discover our internship and graduate opportunities at careers.imc.com.
Graduate Trader Traineeship
When you start at IMC as a Graduate Trader you will start with a Traineeship to learn everything about financial markets, trading, our systems, getting to know the other trainees – basically everything you will need to kick-start you career within IMC!
What your traineeship is all about?
- Global training program that focuses on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming and mathematics
- Combination of in-house courses and trading simulations, designed by experienced traders and engineers
- Program held over two of our offices, the first 7 weeks are globally followed by 7-9 weeks of local training
- After the traineeship finishes, you will be paired with a mentor who’ll help you get up to speed and set-up for success.
Your role as Graduate trader:
As a graduate trader you will;
- Develop, maintain, and improve trading models, algorithms, and systems
- Trade a range of financial instruments (in a highly automated way)
- Manage the execution and risk of complex trading portfolios
- Research new market opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our developers and engineers to understand and improve technical infrastructure.
A few reasons why this is your future job
- Your decisions have direct impact on the company’s trading profits
- Creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded
- You will have the freedom to find your niche and excel
- You love solving complex problems.
We're in this together
Great relationships are based on an exchange, the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- Academic background in a quantitative field of study (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Physics)
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience in Python (or MATLAB) is a strong advantage
- Interest in financial markets is a must, no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Willingness to be a team player, at IMC we’re in it together.
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in different ways. Therefore we look for different types of traders: from the quantitative ones that enjoy the mathematical side of trading, to the more operationally focused that enjoy the game of interacting with brokers over the phone. Based on your background and strengths during the traineeship, you are allocated to a desk and role. Do you have more of finance background or a PhD? For both we offer possibilities so don’t hesitate to apply!
The Get – what we’ll give you
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- Responsibility – this isn’t a practice run, you’ll make a real impact
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool offices with great people
- The chance to travel – we’re global, you will be too.