P&G Fast Track - Internship in Strategic Sales
About Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble offers the perfect environment to fully develop yourself. Everyone who starts working with us experiences the challenge of being a part of one of the most successful FMCG companies in the world. P&G is constantly innovating 65 top brands and sells in no less than 180 countries. Think of brands like Ariel, Gilette, Always, Oral B, Olaz, Herbal Essences, Head&Shoulders and Dreft. With this, we reach over 5 billion customers worldwide! Our goal is to improve the lives of international customers.
Your career opportunities at P&G are limitless. Depending on your own will, wishes and talent we can offer you opportunities you won’t find elsewhere, thanks to our big scale and “build from within” culture. We acquire talent at the bottom and let it flow through our organization, also abroad. From day one you will receive responsibility and interesting challenges, but you won’t stand alone. Everyone at P&G will tell you that, apart from customized training and ‘training-on-the-job’, you can count on 100% support from your manager/coach so that you can sharpen your leadership qualities.
P&G stands for: leadership, ownership, co-operation, integrity, passion to win, trust and respect.
What do we ask of you? To us, it is more important who you are and what your potential is than what you studied exactly. It’s all about personality, about character. Do you dispose of analytical skills, leadership and commercial instinct? Do you like to take initiative and can you show perseverance? Than you are the one we’re looking for!
The Fast Track - internship in Strategic Sales
Are you a student and about to graduate, looking for a launching pad to a Strategic Sales career?
Join the P&G Fast Track journey: a 6 months leadership program that sets you up to kickstart your career!
This 6 months internship is specifically designed for master students and will prepare you for a career in FMCG. During your time at P&G, you will get to know our daily business, the challenges we are facing on a day to day base as well as the dynamics in this highly competitive industry. This will be provided in the collaborative environment of our organization. The most important thing: you are in charge!
You get the full responsibility for different projects; in which you will be guided by your manager and the people you work with. We will give you regular feedback in order to elevate your performance and fuel your FAST development.
What is Strategic Sales:
In Strategic Sales you will be in the driving seat to sell our global leadership brands. Your role will be to build long term business relationships with our customers, develop and negotiate plans which suit everyone - our shoppers, our customers and our Company.
We have Fast Track assignments in the areas of Key account management, Trade Marketing and Category management.
What kind of internship projects can you expect?
Externally focusing on national key accounts such as Kruidvat, Etos, Albert Heijn, but also online retailers such as bol.com and Coolblue, you will get an understanding of the customers and shoppers needs. Based upon this, you will contribute to negotiations on prices, assortment, merchandising and promotions;
You will collaborate with the whole customer team (brand, finance and logistics) to prepare business plans and external negotiations;
You make commercial recommendations for a category (e.g.: Laundry with Ariel, Oral Care with Oral B, Baby care with Pampers, Hair Care with Head & Shoulders etc.) in the Netherlands. Your mission is to improve turnover and Sales fundamentals by suggesting strategic choices in terms of budget, assortment and promotion.
Doing this program at P&G is the best way to get to know the company and for the company to get to know you, meaning that a lot of time will be invested in your development.
What P&G will offer you
- You will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning, and will be given specific (1 or 2 big ones) projects and responsibilities.
- You will work with passionate people and receive formal training as well as day-to-day mentorship from your manager and a mentor.
- Employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance;
- member of our dynamic Sales teams and work closely with colleagues from other functions: Brand management, Supply Network Operations and Finance;
- great experience of ownership, leadership, cross-cultural teamwork, time-pressured work, which you can add to your resume of relevant experiences;
- high conversion rate into full-time job: after a successful fast track, you can directly be offered a full-time job upon availability.
What we are looking for
Master students that:
- are born leaders and are determined to make things happen, with a real passion for Sales/Marketing;
- like to bring creativity & innovation to their work;
- have strong analytical thinking and skills;
- collaborate well with diverse groups of people;
- speak both Dutch & English;
- have experience of either living in the Netherlands or knowledge of its market;
- have a valid driver’s license.
Just so you know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unique ideas?