LocatieNoord-Holland, Utrecht, Zuid-Holland, Randstad
StudiefaseWO Bachelor 3, WO Master
Maanden3, 4, 5, 6
SectorConsultancy, Financieel & banken
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and
sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets,
driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance
technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us
today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US, and the Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely
together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our
technologists push the limits of possibility and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment,
short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common:
they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts, and
pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our
success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary
opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they
need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration,
encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for
three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team
building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a
better society through our foundation.
As a trader intern you will;
- See what it is like to be a trader at IMC
- Learn about the trading industry and market making while having close interaction with our trader and technologists
- Have the freedom to find your niche within the firm and excel
- Have access to classroom sessions and mock trading.
A few reasons why this is your future internship
- Work on meaningful and challenging projects
- Supported by a mentor who will oversee you projects and professional development
- Learn to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded.
- Secure a graduate position before actually graduating.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Compensation – highly competitive salary, accommodation (and costs) taken care off
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool office with great people.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- In (pen)ultimate year of a quantitative field of study (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Physics)
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience in Python (or MATLAB) is a strong advantage
- Interest in financial markets is a must, no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for at least 12 weeks.
As an intern within IMC you will be supported by both a mentor who will oversee your projects and professional development. You will have access to mock trading and desk rotations not to mention our incredible social activities and events. Some key points of our internship:
- Meaningful and challenging projects:
- A structured mentoring program:
- Housing in Amsterdam:
- Highly competitive salary:
- Possibility for a full time offer.