StudiefaseWO Bachelor 2, WO Bachelor 3, WO Pre-Master, WO Master
SectorCapitaalmarkt en privaat vermogen, Engineering, Handel
FunctieEngineering, Finance, Research & development
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers. We operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time. Discover our internship and graduate opportunities at careers.imc.com.
YOUR ROLE AS A TRADER/TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT (academic part-time job)
As a trader/technology assistant you will;
- See what it is like to be a trader at IMC
- Learn about the trading industry and market making while having close interaction with our traders and technologists
- Be supporting our trading teams by analyzing data or building tools to make their life easier
- Have the freedom to find your niche within the firm and excel.
A few reasons why this is your future internship;
- Work on meaningful and challenging projects
- Supported by a mentor who will oversee you projects and professional development
- Learn to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded.
- Secure a graduate position before actually graduating.
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- In (pen)ultimate year of a quantitative field of study (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or Econometrics)
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficient experience in Python
- Interest in financial markets is a must, no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for 20 hours a week spread over 2 working days.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Compensation – highly competitive salary, accommodation (and costs) taken care off
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool office with great people.