LocatieNoord-Holland, Utrecht, Zuid-Holland, Randstad
StudiefaseWO Bachelor 3, WO Master
Dagen3, 4, 5
Maanden4, 5, 6
SectorEnergie, Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
FunctieICT, Research & development
Mastervolt stands for reliable and innovative autonomous power solutions. As specialists in the management conversion and storage of electrical energy we offer a comprehensive product portfolio with a power range from 300 W to 40 kWatt. Our electric solutions are widely used in demanding markets such as marine mobile off shore industrial autonomous solar and infrastructure.
Background of the assignment:
Products and machines in general become smarter more intelligent and more connected. Mastervolt is in the process of enabling their products to be connected and managed remotely. Mastervolt’s goal is that users will be able to manage and view the status of products from any device (PC Tablet Mobile etc).
Goal(s) of the assignment:
1. Design and Develop IoT connectivity using IoT Gateway and SDK.
2. Collect data from field devices using our proprietary communication protocol and make it available to the IoT platform.
3. Come up with a plan for device management.
4. Create a dashboard for different user types using the IoT platform.
Result of the assignment:
- Working demo with Mastervolt products
- Modular system which can be further extended for improvements / new features.
We':re looking for:
A student with a background in software and affinity in embedded systems. Enthusiastic independent inquisitive understanding of (digital) hardware affinity of (embedded) software. Capable of reporting in English
- Travel cost covered for international students (Dutch students can travel using their student OV)
- International work environment
- Professional assistance from engineers