StudiefaseWO Bachelor 3, WO Pre-Master, WO Master, WO Afgestudeerd, HBO Bachelor 3, HBO Bachelor 4, HBO Master, HBO Afgestudeerd
Vereiste talenEngels OF Nederlands
FunctieCommunicatie, Design, ICT
SectorInformation & Communication Technology (ICT)
WerkvormDeels op kantoor
VANL is een Nederlands softwarebedrijf, opgericht in 2005. Wij ontwikkelen programma’s die bedrijven in staat stellen hun data te analyseren en vervolgens ondersteunen we ze om met deze analyse hun bedrijfsprocessen te volgen, stimuleren, optimaliseren en nauwkeurig te onderhouden.
Do you understand the value of a good user experience? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding internship? Then we might be looking for you!
This internship offers the possibility of redesigning eXtractorONE completely. This application makes it possible to download data from any webservice (REST/SOAP) or local XML/JSON file into a relational database in MS SQL Server (local/Azure). There is no coding or modelling required for the end-user, this is all included in the back-end of the software. It’s an application for extracting external cloud storage, social media, business intelligence metadata, open data, etc. However, the front-end could use a complete refresh.
What you will do:
In this internship, you will have to start by doing research into user experiences; what is the right flow to create a happy flow? What is the best way to design in order to create a memorable user interface, that feels natural and pleasant? We are looking for an easy to understand, simple to use interface, that nevertheless holds all functionalities of this rather extensive software.
Your daily activities:
Every morning starts off with a team meeting; we like to know what everybody’s up to as this allows for some brainstorming when one of us gets stuck on a problem. We’re a small team and try to help each other where possible. This not only means that we’re standby to help you, it might also mean that we sometimes enlist you to help us think of solutions or (technical) designs. Your day mostly consists of working on your project independently, with a lunch break consisting of a walk around the lake next to our office building. Together we will schedule regular meetings to ensure your internship is successful.
We are looking for someone that has the following qualities:
- You are an HBO/WO bachelor student in the fields of IT, Software Science/Development or UX Design.
- Or; you have recently finished one of the above mentioned bachelors and are looking for work experience.
- You are looking for a challenging, yet tangible internship in the sense that your design will directly impact the use of eXtractorONE.
- You are available for a period of 3-6 months. Depending on the time we can either shrink/broaden the project scope.
- You have experience with (some of) the following tools: C#, .NET, SQLServer.
- You are able to work independently, manage your own workload and ask questions when needed.
- You are able to take a step back and look at the project from a helicopter view.
- You like working in an small and socially active team
eXtractorONE is a small Eindhoven-based start-up that is currently gearing up to start growing. The new office is situated at the TU/Eindhoven campus, where you will work alongside young developers and seniors, both with a lot of expertise. The team consists of flexible and ready-to-learn people. The current clients are based in both the public domain (municipalities) as the private sector (service companies and estate agents).
What we offer
- A small, fun and invested team.
- A highly specialized environment.
- High degree of independence
- Monthly compensation of EUR 350
- Travel allowance
- An internship in the inspiring surroundings of the TU/Eindhoven, as our office is situated on campus.