StudiefaseWO Bachelor 3, WO Pre-Master, WO Master, WO Afgestudeerd, HBO Master, HBO Afgestudeerd
Vereiste talenEngels EN Nederlands
FunctieBusiness development, Marketing, Sales
SectorInformation & Communication Technology (ICT), Marketing & communicatie, Media, Overig, Telecom
Maanden3, 4, 5, 6
AMS-IX believes in building a better Internet to contribute to a better society. To build a better Internet, we need to be more relevant. To be more relevant we need to maintain and grow our business in Amsterdam, and to have a seat at the table of developing the Internet we need to grow our international footprint.
The Sales Hunter is part of our AMS-IX Sales Team in Amsterdam ; they have a ‘hunter mentality’ (eager to sell) and serve as a point of contact for our customers in the respective region.
Their main objectives are to expand our ecosystem by initiating and executing sales plans through various media channels , ensure customer retention, realise new customers and revenue, and support continuous improvements and optimisations in our sales and account management processes.
Required level of education
- Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Business Administration, Economics, Sales, Marketing, Communications, Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, or related fields. A Master’s degree (MSc) in these, or other related fields, is a plus
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (verbal and written) is a must
- Knowledge of other European languages (e.g., French, German, etc.) is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Basic experience with CRM software (Salesforce)
- Knowledge of business development principles
- Ability to execute sales/ account plans
- Eager to sell – Hunter mentality
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Team player
- Ambitious personality
At AMS-IX, we believe our people are the core of our organisation. With over 25 nationalities, we value our diversity and we are always looking for new talents to strengthen our team.
We are a group of dedicated professionals with one common goal: be at the forefront of every innovation and market development to deliver the best interconnection services possible. With an office located in the centre Amsterdam, we provide excellent benefits and always listen to our employees’ need.
AMS-IX is a neutral member-based association that operates multiple interconnection platforms around the world. Our leading platform in Amsterdam has been playing a crucial role at the core of the internet for nearly 30 years and is one of the largest hubs for internet traffic in the world. Connecting to AMS-IX ensures customers such as internet service providers, telecom companies and cloud providers that their global IP traffic is routed in an efficient, fast, secure, stable and cost-effective way. This allows them to offer low latency and engaging online experiences for end-users.
AMS-IX stands for Amsterdam Internet Exchange. Amsterdam is where it all started, over 25 years ago. Since then, we grew to global leadership, expanding our footprint and service offerings to other locations worldwide. Even though we operate internationally today, we'll never forget where we come from: AMS-IX is our birth name and we wear it with pride.
What we offer:
1. Working with a premier brand in the internet industry - AMS-IX is for 30 years one of the largest leading internet hubs in the world
2. Interaction with key players in the industry
3. Working with experienced and professional commercial team members
4. Training in sales acquisition & retention process
5. How to interact with opportunities and clients
5. Creating segmentation as part of Go To Market Strategies
6. Market Insights development
7. Development of Target lists
8. Exquisite free lunch at our canteen
9. Working in the heart of Amsterdam in a very comfortable office